Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
A blogging friend of mine tagged me for this - so in no particular order here it is...
1. Random thoughts - I'm all about them.
2. Instead of writing this about myself, I asked my friends and family to fess up and offer their insight. My brother said I was lazy, hence the reason why I asked others to write it.
3. I was featured in a news story in the Orlando Sentinel when I was 2 years old.
4. After being teased that I had a boys name (Jamie), I changed the spelling of my name to be just like the Bionic Woman - Jaime Sommers. I was 8 years old.
5. I've have driven across the US four times (not including road trips up and down the east coast) and have lived in over 10 states, including Alaska.
6. I can sing the names of all 50 states in alphabetical order.
7. I od'd on orange flavored baby aspirin when I was 2 years old. No child proof caps back then.
8. I talk way too much and I can never limit my writing to just a few lines.
9. I have an amazing memory for the most obscure details of other people lives.
10. I know the local cop who pulls cars over for speeding. He's cute, and yes, I've been pulled over a few too many times.
11. I'm so terrible about adding endings to my words, one of my nicknames is ED.
12. I've cut dairy and wheat from my diet - most of the time.
13. After one year of making a serious effort to lose weight, I can finally fit into my favorite dress that I haven't been able to wear in over 12 years. I'm so proud of my accomplishment!
14. I love the old standards and melt whenever I listen to them, especially to a live orchestra.
15. After 40 years of curly hair, I'm finally appreciating it. Amazing what a great hair cut, excellent hair products and the Instyler can do to make a difference.
16. I'm really quite shy and HATE being the center of attention.
17. I have really great Parking Karma.
18. My secret fantasy is to sing and dance on Broadway, or be a Radio City Rockette.
19. I'm very attached to music. It evokes deep emotion and memories.
20. My other secret fantasy is wishing that my husband could dance like Fred Astaire and would take me out for ballroom dancing to a live orchestra every chance we could we find.
21. I'm a very passionate person who wants to save the world. I have a million ideas for the many non-profits I want to create and wish I could do each and every one of them.
22. I am not a big ice cream fan however I love Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk, but really, only for the smoosh-ins. Mmmm!
23. I'm a leather snob - I will only buy purses, belts and shoes with real leather.
24. I love to explore off the beaten path
25. I will be 42 in a few months and I'm loving life.