Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Little Botox

Spam mail is something I luckily don't see very much of, because of the way my email accounts are set up. But every once in a while, some will slipped through the filters and will even occasionally pique my interest enough for me to take a peak, such as this random one

"you'll smile and thank me in a few months, I promise"

I guess what grabbed my attention was the word "Promise". Wow! Someone out there is promising ME that not only will I be smiling in a few months, BUT, I will be thankful to them for it.

The strange part of the email is that there was nothing in it. Nothing written in the body - just a promise in the subject line.

Now what is that all about? How am I supposed to know what it is, I am to be thanking this person for? And not only thanking them, but SMILING too, without more to go on. C'mon I need some more information here.

At first I thought I was going to win something, like a long needed vacation to Hawaii - oh I loved Hawaii. I can definitely see myself smiling over that, and being very thankful.

But the more I starred at those words, something seemed so familiar. A commercial maybe, no, a radio jingle. Yes, that was it. A radio jingle for a dental office that's trying to be hip and smooth.

You know the type with the those *Muzak-like tunes and the really bad Taglines. The voiceover of the "Dentist" promoting state of the art Teeth Bleaching and other breakthrough technology to spare you from pain. And if you hurry up and make an appointment, you can get some Botox or some other type of plastic surgery as a gift to compliment your beautiful new smile.

I would love to get my teeth bleach, but since I have a cap on my front tooth (clumsy bicycle accident), I can't do the bleach thing. However I do need to go to the dentist, an Endodontist to be exact, and I have been asking around for recommendations, hmm, perhaps, I might be on to something.

Yes, maybe that's what it means - this promise. That the PAIN I am suffering through now, will all go away in a few months and oh, I will be so thankful and will once again, be able to smile, smile, smile.


Hey, if I am offered the Botox, do you think I should take it?




A little trivia about my family. Did you know that *Muzak is two degrees of separation from me? My husband's grandfather, a world-renowned Bandleader and music executive, who has long passed away, was instrumental in the development and distribution of Muzak.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, I wouldn't exactly advertise that.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - I am not sure what you are referring to? shouldn't advertise what?

cruisin-mom said...

funny about the spam.
that's so cool about the muzak. I have friend who actually was a sales rep for muzak back in the 80's!

... Is the Window to Our Soul said...

Wow ... so not only am I 2 degrees of separation through my husband but now through you too. Wonder who else we are degrees of separation of? What an interesting post that would be. Hmm, in politics I have a few - Palin, Clinton, and probably many more that I am unaware of.